小自考综合英语(二)下册详解第十一课下
burst into:(突然)放声(大笑、高唱、痛哭)
eg : He burst into tears when he heard the news.
听到那消息后,他放声大哭。
eg : As soon as Mr. Adams entered, his Chinese colleagues burst into singing:“Happy birthday to you!”
亚当斯先生一进来,他的中国同事就高唱起来:“祝你生日快乐!”
eg : He burst into tears.
他突然哭了。
eg : He burst into running.
他突然拔腿就跑。
19. “……you'll never see it again. His business is with other men’s money.”—— He invests other men's. (Most likely he is a broker-a person who buys and sells things, for example, shares in a business, for other people. Maybe he is a banker or he runs an investment company, or that sort of thing.) .你的那一英镑是拿不回来了,他做的是别人的钱的生意。(前一句话是开开 玩笑,后一句指他是银行家或是经营投资公司。)
business 生意,商业
bushiness school商学院 business hours营业时间 go into business从事商业,下海经商
20.“I think you ought to have toldme, Alan,” said Hughie in a bad temper, “and have let me make such a fool of myself”
“艾伦,你为什么不早告诉我?”休吉生气地说。“你不应该让我出丑。”
ought to have done sth.: should have done 表示过去应该做而没有做的事(有责备的含义)。
eg:You should have handed in your paper last week.
你本应该上个星期把论文交上来。
eg:He ought to have finished his work yesterday.
他本应该昨天就完成工作。
make a fool of oneself: 因干愚蠢的事而丑
eg:At the party, he drank too much, and made a fool of himself.
在聚会时,他喝酒太多,闹出不少笑话。
eg:If you go to the funeral in this dress, you'll make a fool of yourself.
你要是穿这件连衣裙去参加葬礼,你会出丑的。
21. It never entered my mind that you went about giving money awayin that careless manner.
我真没想到你会这样随便乱给别人钱。
that从句是主语,it为形式主语。
it never entered my mind / head that:(口语)我从未想到……(表示惊讶)
eg:It never entered my mind that the much admired TV star was a secret agent.
我没有想到那位倍受崇拜的电视明星居然是个间谍。
[1]
本文标签:四川小自考 公共课 小自考综合英语(二)下册详解第十一课下
转载请注明:文章转载自(http://www.scxzk.net)
《四川小自考网网》免责声明:
1、由于各方面情况的调整与变化,本网提供的考试信息仅供参考,考试信息以省考试院及院校官方发布的信息为准。
2、本网信息来源为其他媒体的稿件转载,免费转载出于非商业性学习目的,版权归原作者所有,如有内容与版权问题等请与本站联系。联系邮箱:812379481@qq.com